Friday, December 7, 2007

Back in Boston


Red eye flights are always kind of hard to do. The one last night wasn't too bad and only lasted about four and a half hours, leaving Seattle at 10:40 PM and touching down in Boston by 6:30 AM. I always feel a little bit disoriented after a flight like that because you miss a full night's sleep and then usually feel like sleeping for the rest of the day. After groggily waking up from a five hour nap I ate some oatmeal, watched most of the movie 300 and then built up the two bikes before jumping onto the stationary trainer for an hour of power. I'm not quite sure how well the indoor ride will help prepare me for tomorrow but I sure as hell wasn't going to venture out into the cold and slick, icy streets of Boston for a two hour ride, it's bad enough when the roads aren't slushy and slippery. Tomorrow is the first of the last two races in the Verge New-England Cross Series and I'm going to throw down. I'd like to end this season on a high note following through with a good ride at nationals. It will be a tough stretch ahead with around 22 hours of driving from Rhode Island to the national's venue in Kansas City but luckily my dad flew back out to Boston with me and will be helping out for the rest of the time on the road. The plan is to have the team van and all it's current possessions back in Seattle in time for Christmas time with the family. Portland: First day I didn't do that great; the second day I destroyed the rim of my front wheel on the first lap and struggled to stay on the lead lap... and ended up getting lapped my Ryan Trebon with two laps to go. When I went into the bathroom after the race to wash my face I didn't even recognize myself I had so much mud caked on my face.

No comments: