Tuesday, December 18, 2007


If you were looking for my name in the National Championships results I apologize for you having to scroll down the page so far. I think I ended up in 71st which is pretty ridiculous... I'm pretty sure that's the furthest down I've ever finished in a race. I got off the fifth row really well and rode around about twenty riders on the first lap, slotting into somewhere around twentieth spot. After getting caught behind a couple of fallen racers I tried to keep the pressure on and despite a couple of little slips of my own I did my best to keep the pressure on. I was doing fine until I pinched the rear tire losing all of the air and all of my chances of finishing up with any sort of result. For anyone that was there, I flatted right before the ditch heading towards the two stair run-ups. That left about a mile or so of running for me before reaching the pit and my spare bike. By the time I finally got my hands on the other bike I lost so much time that I only had time for one additional lap before the officials yanked me off the course. I don't know how close the leaders where to me but it didn't really matter when it comes right down to it. Pops and I are on our way back home to Seattle and hopefully if the weather cooperates well be back sometime on Thursday. There's only so much more hotel living I can take for this season.

No comments: