Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Louisville Is A Wrap


Well my prediction for the weekend's winner was way off and it was Jeremy Powers throwing down again on Saturday and Tim Johnson on Sunday to add to an already impressive back to back weekend of wins for the Cyclocrossworld riders. My racing wasn't so hot and after a couple laps I felt like I was going backwards quicker than forwards and felt like, as Adam Craig would say, I was "riding like a small child." After the race I was pretty demoralized and was thinking of calling it an early weekend by not starting Sunday. Long story short I pulled myself together and pulled off another average race that was good enough to get my moral back. Now I'm hanging out with my good buddies Matt Shriver aka the facebook stalker and Troy Wells at the Wells family compound in upstate New York. It's been a quit night for trick or treaters here at the house, with about six in total, and the boys are busy stealing the wifi signal from the neighbors and getting in internet time before bed... just a day in the life. We headed into the town of New Paltz today for a bit of coffee and some good people watching after the hour long recovery ride, that was much needed after my 14 hour drive from Louisville. The roads around here are really nice with constant rolling hills and very few cars to deal with. I've been lacking the off road skills lately at the races and the cyclocross training race planned for tomorrow will hopefully help hone in those skills and restore my confidence. Either way I'm mentally prepared to throw down this weekend. Parting words... the time is now the place is here just do it.

No comments: