Thursday, October 4, 2007

A whole heap of miles

I've been trying to get some more photos on the blog but I've had trouble getting internet access for my laptop and that's where all of my photos are stored. So it's only been about ten days since I left Seattle but all of the days have kind of just blurred together, but in a good way. I was hoping to find some sort of interactive map so that I could pinpoint where I have been thus far; if I did have one I would already be able to check off Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. After driving to Las Vegas for the CrossVegas race I headed east with my co-pilot/dad, Pat, to eastern Iowa for a couple of nice days catching up with family friends on their farm near Dubuqe, the town that my ma and pa grew up in... Thanks again Calvin and Barbara, glad we got to spend some time with you guys and we look forward for your visit to Seattle. After three solid training rides in Iowa we hit the road again late Tuesday afternoon and ended up at my uncle's house in Lancaster Co. Pennyslvania late Thursday evening. It would have been a bit earlier but I needed a quick ride to break the monotony of the long day in the car. It can get a bit difficult trying to fit in my training when travelling on the road like this but as long as I don't get stressed about it, riding in completely unfamiliar areas can be a fun experience. For example Thursday afternoon I got a quick hour long ride near the border of West Virginia in southwest Pennsylvania on quite, two lane roads that rolled up and down, and through and around small farms and a few towns. A different time, while in Colorado, my dad and I unloaded my bikes and took a little spin along a bike path that paralleled a beautiful mountain river, nothing epic but it sure was nice. Anyway this coming weekend is racing in Long Island, NY aka the Hamptons.

No comments: