Friday, October 26, 2007

PA to KY


I rode to the Louisville course today with my host house guy Santiago. Pretty much as soon as we got there the clouds started to unleash an unwelcomed amount of rain onto the already saturated ground. The muddy corners went from tacky to greasy within a lap and I wasn't all that interested in trying to ride at race pace with my rear file tread tire providing absolutely zero traction. After four or five laps my bike and legs had built up enough mud and grass to build a small hut so I decided to head over to the power washer for a bit of a clean up before riding back to the house with Santiago. I arrived yesterday evening after driving about 10.5 hours from my aunt and uncle's house in Pennsylvania and so far Louisville seems like a pretty cool city. The area I'm staying in reminds me a bit of Capital Hill in Seattle with lots of restaurants, bars, music shops, and big, old houses... the main difference being that it's cleaner and it's not quite as funky, meaning from what I've seen there aren't any drugged out homeless people. The race should be difficult tomorrow and although I'm not going to be in contention for the "W" I know it's going to be an epic battle with all the top US talent like Tim Johnson, Jeremy Powers, Ryan Trebon, and Barry Wicks all ready to throw down. I was talking to Wicks earlier today and he told me that Trebon will be helping him tomorrow to try and take the win, should be fun to watch but I'm hoping to put myself into a good group and finally get a respectable result.

No comments: